Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Week 13

During the past week, my team and I have not really done much since most of the work that needs to be done involves the mobile app. We do have some work that the app team wants us to such as cleaning up the code for readability purposes and to also condense the length of the current code so that future teams can easily read it and it will also allow to remove the lag experienced in the code through the podcar.

In the length of the week, I looked at examples of how to create a header file and a C++ file that would make up a custom library. I looked at the Arduino website while simultaneously looking at Youtube videos to see if anyone had done. Fortunately, there were people who have accomplished this before and I was glad to finally learn how to create a library both in the Arduino environment and using the ChIDE that most ME students might have used in their ME 30 class. Basically, a header file and a C++ file must have a file of their own and included under one folder in the main library folder of the Arduino IDE. This was a problem I kept experiencing while attempting to follow the example in the Arduino website. I still have to learn how to convert our functions and apply what I learned in that example to one of functions. Once one function has been converted into a library, the rest of the functions should be easy to do.

In the coming week, I am planning to convert at least one of our functions into a library so that we can begin condensing our code as well as cleaning up the code to follow standard programming practices. I hope to also help my team with anything else that we still need to do before Maker Faire.

No comments:

Post a Comment