Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Week 8

This past week, not much could be done since my team and I are waiting on other subteams to get their work done so that we can begin testing. We almost have all of the expansion boards built but we had enough to begin testing on the track. Chris can now build the two expansion he could not build since the app team had a bench model with parts from our inventory and I also possessed a bench model. We are about a week away from the first important event where we will be able to showcase our project in front of many people. I am beginning to worry as I am sure other teams are also as well that there will not be enough time to fix any major issues with the project if they arise while testing. One such issue arose this past Sunday and it had to do with RFID. The app team and I believe that it might be the library that we are using but I am currently in the process of looking for other libraries that are compatible with the Arduino Mega that we can test to see which library will give us a repeatable and reproducible reading every time we swipe an RFID card on the RFID reader. We have also begun to modify the summer team's code to work with our components in the case that anything goes wrong and we could have a backup plan.

It looks like our team and other teams will have to spend almost everyday at the shop from now on to get this project fully functional. Even with doubts from other teams, I feel like we will experience some sort of success and I am hoping that we can get at least two podcars controlled through the mobile app team's software. I am more than confident that our project will work by Maker Faire but our current focus is on getting a conditionally functional project by next week. For now, we have to help each other out and do our very best to get this project working.

No comments:

Post a Comment