Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Week 4

This past week turned out to be an unsuccessful week on my part. I was unable to get the encoders to work properly to return a speed based on encoder counts from both of the motors. I had to have knowledge on using interrupts to acquire the speed while other code is running. I am hoping my team can provide some support this coming week because I feel frustrated knowing that I tried and could not get an end result for my team.

I was also unable to send commands through the Xbees to simulate what I think the mobile app team will be doing with the app. I researched through different forums and examples online but I was not able to send information through an Xbee and get it to receive on the other Xbee and display it on Serial Monitor of that microcontroller from the receiving Xbee. For the mean time, I postponed any progress on the Xbees since our team will be focusing on integrating our whole system as a whole including the encoders this coming week. I also want to know how the app team will want to use the Xbees to communicate between the microcontrollers and their database on Processing. I feel that our team will be doing a lot of debugging when we start to integrate our whole system together.

In the coming week, I will be preparing for the first presentation that our team will have next week and also be working on the paper that is also due next week. I will continue to work on the encoders and get them working way before next week so that our team can start integrating, testing, and building before the start of the next week. We have four weeks left until the deadline and I am not sure how to feel about that. I am just saving that bit of hope for our team that everything will work out in the end. I will also continue to do some side research on Xbees so that when it comes to working with the app team to integrate their app, we can immediately create a function or write some code that will receive the information through the use of the Xbees and our microcontrollers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment