Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Week 12

This week, I was able to implement what Dr. Furman had suggested to our project which involved using I2C to communicate between two devices. I looked into I2C first to get a general understanding of how it works and what functions the Arduino environment has that can be useful for our purposes. I also looked into SPI communication but I found I2C easier to implement than SPI. With I2C, we only need two wires between the two devices and a common ground. These two wires are connected to two analog pins A4 and A5 on the Arduino Uno and Micro. This does not conflict with the number of pins we require to make our design work. The other analog pins will be used for the encoder of the motor as well as motor direction.

I was able to make some progress in the code instead of just picking out code from the summer team's code because much of the code is functional but we just need to add our sensors and our pathing. There is a lot of programming involved and this task cannot just be assigned to one person. That is why I am counting on my teammates to help me modify the code so that we can not only have multiple input to the code but also finish in a timely manner. We only have this week and next week to work on this project because after the Thanksgiving week we have presentations and rough draft of the report due. This is becoming to be stressful as there are papers and other projects from other classes as well but I am hoping that my team and I are able to have a working prototype by next presentation waves. I will continue to make progress in the code this week and the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment