Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week 10

This week, my team focused primarily on improving our presentation skills and material content compared to the first presentation. We made sure that we had evidence that we are making progress in our project in the absence of a product since most of our work is using sensors and generating code to accomplish the task assigned. We presented last Wednesday in the first wave of presentations and I feel better about this presentation because we had much more content to talk about and also improved in the preferred presentation style, which is the assertion-evidence method.

I was amazed seeing the podcar move on the track, even though it did not move much due to the condition of the track. Depending on what the track team will be doing as a prototype, we might not be able to see anything move on the track this semester. Instead, my team will be focused on building a skeleton of all the electronics connected together and will be tested with the current podcar to see if sensing when switching should take place is improved. We will also test to see if the podcar is recognizable by the main system as well as the location of that podcar. I am beginning to worry that time will be against at this point in the semester because coding will take a chunk of our time and we still have some work we must do besides coding. Coding is the crucial part in our project and without it, controls will not be controls. I am confident that my team and I will accomplish our goals way before December and will do anything to get it done. I will be focusing on helping my team produce some code and aim to get much of the coding done by the next coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment